Resources for Adult Learners in San Antonio
Helping Adult Learners Through Education, Information, and Community Resources
Before anything, I want the people in San Antonio to know that BiblioTech offers LinkedIn Learning, MasterClass, Mango Languages, and other apps for free. All you have to do is sign-up for a library card! You can even get industry certifications in project management! -Please don’t miss out on these opportunities.
I’m an Adult Learner, and I Want to Pursue Post-secondary Education. Where Do I Go?
If you’re looking for professional development, you’re lucky! San Antonio’s Mayor, Ron Nirenberg, recently launched the Ready to Work initiative. The program aims to help San Antonians connect with the necessary resources to get useful training or education in various programs offered at community colleges, four-year universities, and workforce development organizations.
In addition, the San Antonio Education Partnership offers free post-secondary advising services for all adult learners in the Bexar County area. Access advisors help students navigate any career, college, or industry certification from an adult learner perspective.
What is Ready to Work SA?
Ready to work is an educational and job placement network in the San Antonio area. The program helps students navigate career planning, pay for urgent needs, and help secure a well-paid job. Students looking to enroll should review their eligibility:
- ✅ 18 years old when applying for the program
- ✅ Permitted to work in the United States
- ✅ Resident of the City of San Antonio
- ✅ Income less than 250% of federal poverty guidelines ($33,975 for an individual, or $69,375 for a household of four)
- ✅ Not currently enrolled in college courses at intake
- ✅ Willing to take assessments relating to barriers, academics, skills aptitude, and workplace readiness
- ✅ Committed to completing the program
For more information, download the Ready to Work 2022 catalog